Top UK Courses
What to consider when choosing a UK courses
There are over 150 higher education institutions to choose from in the UK, and it is important to know all the facts on where to go and what to study before applying. Trusted programme rankings include those published by The Times, Guardian, and BBC.
Some additional important factors to consider when choosing a UK university include:
- The location of the university; do you want to live and study in a big city or a small town? Do you want to live close to or far away from home?
- Cost of living; how much is housing in the area surrounding your university? Will you need to pay for transport to get there?
- Subject ranking; as well as examining overall how well your chosen university ranks academically in comparison to others, you should check how it ranks in terms of facilities and grades in the faculty of your chosen subject too.
- Student satisfaction; most university rankings provide information on how students enjoy their time at a specific institution. It is important to check these as although a school may produce good research, you want to enjoy your time there as well.
- International students; as a prospective international student, it’s important to find what services, societies and facilities are available to make you feel at home.